Saturday, November 13, 2010

Road Trip from Oregon to Ohio


     The road trip from Portland, Oregon to Massillon, Ohio lasted approximately 5 days on the open highway involving a uhaul, two lesbians and a dog.  Traveling through the mountains of Cascade Mountain Range in Idaho and Utah, we crossed the continental divide as the snow fell softly through the air.   
      The road trip involved going through Oregon, Idaho,  Utah, Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio consisting of 2600 miles.  Amazingly, we only had to travel two interstate freeways, I-84 and I-80 for the majority of the trip.  We stopped for two random events in Nebraska: a wildlife safari and the grave of Teena Brandon.  The wildlife safari was a first for me and was certainly an event to remember.

The purpose of the road trip was to relocate my partner from Oregon to Ohio.  I was pleasantly surprised with myself being so patient on the trip, considering the fact that we both had gotten really sick with colds day two.  By day three, the dog was put in her cage due to misbehaving and thinking she could squeeze between a cooler and random bags.  I would definitely recommend caging the animal at day one so there is no confusion.

Overall, I enjoyed spending time looking out the window at various random things along the way and the company of my partner.  It was a long ,but fun trip.


No comments:

Post a Comment